We bring the Zoo to you!
Zoo to You programs feature interactive activities and live animal presentations to a variety of audiences – schools, day care centers, libraries, camps, senior centers, and more. Zoo to You programs may include snakes, turtles, small lizards, insects, amphibians, and small mammals. To ensure optimal welfare for the animals in our care, we travel within only a 25-mile radius of the Maryland Zoo. We look forward to sharing the wonder of wildlife and wild places with you, too!
Due to the educational nature of our program activities, Zoo visits are best suited for audiences focused on learning. Please note, the Zoo does not travel to birthday parties, personal homes, or retail venues. Looking for a virtual option? Visit our Virtual Zoo To You program page.
- Tuesday – Friday at 10:30 am, 11:30 am and 1:30 pm
- 45 minutes
- $500 per program
MAXIMUM GROUP SIZE:
- 50 people
- 4 animals
ZOO TO YOU TOPICS
Sensory Safari (AGE 2-5)
Let’s have fun learning about senses! Discover how animals use their senses!
MOVE! (AGE 2-5)
Hop, slither, fly, let’s move like animals! Meet five of the Zoo’s Animal Ambassadors to discover how they move, too!
CHOMP! (AGE 6-12)
Ring the dinner bell to find out what animals like to eat! Meet five of the Zoo’s Animal Ambassadors and discover their favorite flavors.
Critter Costumes (AGE 6-12)
Learn about animal classification based on physical characteristics and fun costumes!
SAVING SPECIES (TEENS & ADULTS)
Discover how the Maryland Zoo is protecting endangered species both here at the Zoo and around the world.
Amazing Adaptations (TEENs & ADULTS)
Learn about the amazing adaptations that enable animals to survive in their native habitats.
IMPORTANT GUIDELINES & INFORMATION
- Registration and payment are required at least 2 weeks in advance of the program date. Registrants must be 18 years or older to purchase a Zoo to You.
- Maryland Zoo staff must be provided a legal parking space near the entrance to the facility.
- Presentations must take place indoors in an enclosed space with doors and windows that can be shut. The temperature of the presentation space must be between 65 to 85˚F. The presentation space must be large enough to safely accommodate the audience while maintaining a 60-square-foot space for the presenters. Due to strict quarantine policies, no other animals may be present in the presentation space.
- Audience sizes are limited to 50 people for all programs. The facility must provide chaperones in accordance with their organization’s policy. The minimum chaperone to child ratio allowed by The Zoo is one adult per 20 children.
- To ensure optimal welfare for the animals in our care, there will not be any touching of the animals during the program.
- No food may not be served or eaten during the program.
- Video recording or live streaming of The Zoo’s education programs is strictly prohibited.
- The Zoo and its staff reserve the right, at any time, and for any legitimate safety reason, to cancel a program. If The Zoo cancels a scheduled program due to customer violation of Zoo policies, no refund will be issued.
- In the event of extreme weather conditions such as snowfall or temperatures above 100°F or below 0°F, The Zoo reserves the right to cancel a scheduled program. If the Zoo cancels a program due to weather conditions and a mutually agreeable alternative date cannot be found, a full refund will be issued.
- A cancellation notification must be received two weeks before the scheduled program date to receive a refund. No refunds will be issued within two weeks of the scheduled program date unless a cancellation is made by The Zoo. Changes of presentation date or time within two weeks of a scheduled program are subject to a $50 fee.
- To cancel or reschedule, please call 443.992.4585 between 8:30 am and 4:30 pm or email email@example.com. The Zoo reserves the right to amend any cancellation policies.
Call 443-992-4585 between 8:30 am and 4:30 pm or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Maryland Zoo’s Outreach programs are generously supported by:
- The Maryland State Department of Education
- The City of Baltimore
- The Citizens of Baltimore County
- Aegon Transamerica Foundation
- Delaplaine Foundation, Inc.
- The Frank and Miriam Loveman Foundation
- Howard County Government and the Howard County Arts Council
- The Ida & Joseph Shapiro Foundation
- Joseph and Harvey Meyerhoff Family Charitable Funds
- Manger Family Foundation
- The Phase Foundation
- PNC Foundation
- Thomas Wilson Foundation