Teen Volunteer Opportunities
Zoo Teen Volunteer Program
The Maryland Zoo’s teen volunteers are passionate about the environment, conservation, and animals. Zoo Teens have the opportunity to volunteer as educators, Conservation Crew members, directional guides and more!
Requirements for Zoo Teen volunteers:
- 14-17 years old (by June 22nd 2020) and entering 8th-12th grade in fall of 2020.
- Available to attend a one week mandatory training at the start of the summer*
- Available to volunteer sixteen hours per month in July and August
- Ability to volunteer eight hours per month during the school year
- A teen-owned email address (not a parent’s)
- Ability to work on a team and independently
- Willingness to work in all weather conditions
- A passion for wildlife and wild places!
*We will offer three different training week options in an effort to accommodate work and/or travel schedules.
Please be advised that we no longer offer summer-only volunteer opportunities. Also, note that animal contact positions are extremely limited and open only to Zoo Teens who have volunteered with us for one year or more.
Interested in teen volunteering opportunities?
Please complete the following form to learn more about the Zoo’s teen volunteer program and receive updates about volunteer opportunities that match your interests. Please note that this is not an application.
Questions? Please contact the Volunteer Office at email@example.com or call 443-552-5266.