Zoo Teen Volunteer Program
This is a great time to be at the Zoo, and we need a fabulous crew of new volunteers to make it perfect. Dinosaurs are moving in, we are hosting the Association of Zoos and Aquariums national conference, and we are working harder than ever to inspire conservation and sustainability in our communities. Members of our teen program start out working with Zoo guests as guides and education support. Those who stick with the program may get engaged in projects like sustainable gardening, box turtle tracking, habitat interpretation, and naturalist activities at the Lodge.
Requirements for Zoo Teen volunteers:
- 14-17 years old (by June 1st) and entering 8th-12th grade in fall.
- Available to attend a mandatory training session at the start of the summer.
- Available to make a monthly volunteer commitment, year-round
- A teen-owned email address (not a parent’s)
- Ability to work on a team and independently
- Willingness to work in all weather conditions
- A passion for wildlife and wild places!
2022 applications are currently closed for our Zoo Teens Volunteer Program and will reopen in early 2023. If you are interested in other volunteer opportunities (special events, service projects, etc.) please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please be advised that we no longer offer summer-only volunteer opportunities. Also, note that animal contact positions are extremely limited and open only to Zoo Teens who have volunteered with us for one year or more.
Questions? Please contact the Volunteer Office at email@example.com or call 443-552-5266.