The Zoo is open year-round rain or shine! We close only for Thanksgiving Day and Christmas. Please visit the homepage for any weather-related closing.
Regular Season Hours (March – December)
Daily: 10 AM – 4 PM
Winter Season Hours (January – February)
Friday – Monday: 10 AM – 4PM
UPDATE: The Maryland Zoo has switched to a timed ticketing program.
- All visitors and Members of the Zoo must hold a timed ticket purchased online for entry.
- Your ticket purchase is good for the chosen date and entry time period ONLY.
- Please choose the date and entry time period that you wish to enter the Zoo. Times indicate entry only. Guests may remain in the Zoo as long as desired or until 4 pm closure.
- View ticket availability on the purchase page. Entry will be permitted up to 30-minutes after the ticketed time.
- Guests may tour up to 90 minutes after the last entry at 2:30 pm.
- All visitors should read the new Zoo guidelines before arrival.
Zoo Admission Prices:
Member – Free Unlimited Visits
Adult (12-64) – $22
Child (2-11) – $18
Senior (65+) – $19
ZooMORE (2+, unlimited rides) – $26 (Click Here For Ride Info)
*Before purchasing, please read the current ticketing guidelines below
Additional ticket information:
Parking is FREE
*Winter tickets are valid for all guests ages 2+ for full Zoo admission December 1 – February 29 only. After March 1, guests must pay the price difference for year-round use.
Wait! Before you buy…
Basic memberships pay for themselves in less than two visits.
If you plan to visit more than once youshould consider purchasing a membership! You’ll get 12 months of unlimited entry PLUS a gaggle of great deals and discounts.
Admission Ticket Guidelines:
- Tickets are good for the designated date and entry time only. Entry is permitted up to 30-minutes after ticketed time. Last entry time is at 2:30 pm and the Zoo closes at 4 pm daily.
- Tickets must be purchased online, in advance (dates are available four weeks in advance).
- ZooMORE tickets are for unlimited rides. Rides are weather permitting.
- Tickets are available on a first-come, first-served basis and may sell out.
- Tickets cannot be combined with any other discount or offer.
- Tickets may be rescheduled up to 48 hours in advance and are subject to a rescheduling fee (fee waived for members!). Please email email@example.com with your order number to reschedule.
- Tickets cannot be refunded for any reason, including weather.
- Due to federal and state guidelines, we are not able to extend our capacity for sold out times or dates, please choose another date and time for your visit.
- Ticket holders will be expected to adhere to the Zoo’s social distancing policies, including wearing masks for guests ages 5 and up in designated areas* but are strongly encouraged to wear masks throughout the Zoo, except when seated at outdoor areas to eat or drink. *Areas include indoor buildings, the Main Gate and all of African Journey, train and carousel, concessions, and all animal experiences and where social distancing is not possible. Please review this page before your visit.