The Zoo is open year-round rain or shine! We close only for Thanksgiving Day and Christmas. Please visit the homepage for any weather-related closing.
Regular Season Hours (March – December)
Daily: 10 AM – 4 PM
Winter Season Hours (January – February)
Friday – Monday: 10 AM – 4PM
UPDATE: The Maryland Zoo has switched to a timed ticketing program.
- All visitors and Members of the Zoo must hold a timed ticket purchased online for entry.
- Your ticket purchase is good for the chosen date and entry time period ONLY.
- Please choose the date and entry time period that you wish to enter the Zoo. Times indicate entry only. Guests may remain in the Zoo as long as desired or until 4 pm closure.
- View ticket availability on the purchase page. Entry will be permitted up to 1 hour after the ticketed time.
- Guests may tour up to 2 hours after the last entry at 2:00 pm.
- All visitors should read the new Zoo guidelines before arrival.
UNLIMITED ZOO VISITS
Free, unlimited visits for 12 months from the date of purchase — pays for itself within two visits.
(Adults, Children, and Seniors)
BEST VALUE TICKET
Admission for one person + unlimited rides on the train and carousel for the day
Additional ticket information:
Parking is FREE
Wait! Before you buy…
Basic memberships pay for themselves in less than two visits.
If you plan to visit more than once youshould consider purchasing a membership! You’ll get 12 months of unlimited entry PLUS a gaggle of great deals and discounts.
Admission Ticket Guidelines:
- Tickets are good for the designated date and entry time only. Entry is permitted up to 1-hour after ticketed time. The last entry time is at 2:00 pm and the Zoo closes at 4:00 pm daily.
- Tickets must be purchased online, in advance (dates are available four weeks in advance).
- ZooMORE tickets are for unlimited rides. Rides are weather permitting.
- Tickets are available on a first-come, first-served basis and may sell out.
- Tickets cannot be combined with any other discount or offer.
- Tickets may be rescheduled up to 48 hours in advance and are subject to a rescheduling fee (fee waived for members!). Please email email@example.com with your order number to reschedule.
- Tickets cannot be refunded for any reason, including weather.
- For those 2 years old and up, masks are required indoors for all individuals, regardless of vaccination status. Indoor locations include Wild Things Gift Shop, Chimp Forest, Giraffe House, Penguin Education Center, and the Tundra Buggy; the Cave, the Tree and box turtle tunnel habitats in The Maryland Wilderness, as well as all restrooms. Guests who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 are no longer required to wear a mask outdoors while visiting the Zoo. We do expect unvaccinated guests to wear masks when social distancing is not possible such as in line at concessions, Giraffe Feeding Station, on the train and carousel, and during special events or experiences. Please review this page before your visit.