Join Us For An Otter Training Session!
Experience how the animal care team and river otters interact on a daily basis by watching a training session with Hudson the otter.
River otter pup Nora needs time to acclimate to her new surroundings. We will continue to assess her behavior in order to make plans for how and when she may be integrated into this experience. For now, only male otter Hudson will be participating with attendees. Please check back here for updates.
OTTER TRAINING INFORMATION
- Friday – Monday, 9:30 am
- Zoo Main Gate
- 30 minute experience
- No more than six (6) guests per experience
OTTER TRAINING PRICES
Adults and children ages 8 & over:
(Children under 8 years of age are NOT permitted for this Zoo Experience)
- $49 for Zoo Members
- $59 for Non-members*
- One ticket is required per guest. Purchase online, in advance.
- Children 8 through 11 years of age must be accompanied by a ticketed adult who is 16 or older on a 3 child:1 adult ratio.
*Prices do not include Zoo admission. Zoo admission tickets are required for each experience attendee and must be purchased separately for non-Zoo members. If you are not a Zoo member, you must purchase admission tickets in advance. If you are a Zoo Member, simply show your membership card and ID when checking in at the main gate.
Zoo members, to receive your ticket discount you must first register on the Zoo’s online store. Click below to register if you don’t already have an account. Once you do, you’ll automatically receive your Zoo Experience discount at checkout.
OTTER TRAINING ADOPTION PACKAGE – $180
Each adoption package includes:
- Plush otter keepsake
- Two (2) one-time-use Zoo tickets valid for one year
- Two (2) one-time use Otter Training tickets valid for one year
- Animal adoption certificate
- A frameable photograph of the Zoo’s river otter, Hudson
- Free shipping & handling
GIFT AN EXPERIENCE!
Gift the chance to train a river otter to someone special. Your Gift will include a digital confirmation with scheduling instructions to forward to your recipient. Guests will have one year from the date of purchase to schedule their Zoo Experience. If you prefer that a printed certificate be mailed to your recipient, please email us at email@example.com with the recipient’s name, address, and your confirmation number.
Important Tour Guidelines & Information:
- Scheduling – Zoo Experience tickets are for the chosen date and time only. Zoo Experiences are non-transferrable and tickets cannot be used for a different date or time. Zoo Experiences are available on a first-come, first-served basis and fill up quickly. You may need to select another experience date and time if your preferred number of tickets is not available.
- Weather – The training will take place in all weather conditions except in the case of thunderstorms. The Zoo will reach out if your experience is unable to proceed as planned to schedule a new date.
- Additional Experience Guidelines – Children under 8 years of age are not permitted for Zoo Experiences. Children 8 through 11 years of age must be accompanied by a ticketed adult who is 16 or older on a 3 child:1 adult ratio.
- Refunds – Zoo Experience tickets cannot be returned or refunded.
- Rescheduling – Reservations may be changed up to 48-hours in advance of the scheduled experience and are subject to an Administrative Change Fee. Changes are not permitted within 48-hours of the scheduled experience. Tickets will be forfeited if your party is not present at the start time. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 443-992-4585.
- Arrival – Zoo Experiences begin promptly at the stated time. Once a Zoo Experience has begun, additional guests will not be permitted due to safety, and tickets cannot be refunded or rescheduled due to lateness.
- Dress – Closed-toed shoes are recommended.
- Accessibility – Zoo Experiences can accommodate guests using wheelchairs; however, strollers are not permitted. Service animals are not permitted on Zoo Experiences. Please contact us at email@example.com or 443-992-4585 with any accessibility needs in advance of your tour.
- Cancellation – Zoo Experiences are weather, staff, and animal dependent. The Zoo will contact ticket holders with any changes or cancellations as soon as a decision has been made regarding the status. The Zoo reserves the right to cancel or end an experience for any reason, including guest behavior.
This experience is sponsored by:
SPECIAL REQUESTS, NEEDS, OR QUESTIONS?
Call 443-992-4585 from 10am-4pm daily or email firstname.lastname@example.org.