Have Questions? We Have Answers!
If you have any questions about the Zoo or rentals feel free to reach out to our friendly and knowledgeable staff! Otherwise, we have provided general information about Zoo rules and policies below.
Items Not Allowed
- Outside alcohol (catering excluded)
- Open flames
- Glass containers
- Toy balls
- Noisemakers of any kind
- Pets (exceptions for service animals)
- Maryland Zoo is primarily an outdoor venue with the exception of a few indoor locations and thus all events and rentals are rain or shine.
- Outdoor events are held April through October only.
- There are no refunds for unused Zoo admission tickets.
- Any Zoo admission included in a rental cannot be rolled over to any day besides the day of the rental.
- Parking is free!
- Parking may be limited or nonexistent at certain locations on Zoo grounds and prior arrangements should be made if there are any guest mobility restrictions.
Rental/Equipment Delivery Guidelines
- Arrangements for rental/equipment deliveries must be made in advance with approval from our staff.
- Deliveries should be scheduled between 9am and 2pm unless other arrangements have been made.
- If deliveries are unexpected or unapproved, the delivery will not be accepted at all.
- All rentals include time for set up and break down. If additional time is needed, it can be arranged for a fee.
- All clients are responsible for cleanup after the event unless otherwise arranged (ex. caterers)
- Any and all liquids including ice/ice sculptures may not be dumped or left to melt on grounds.
- All trash must be removed from Zoo premises after completion of an event.
- Clean up fee (if space is not properly cleaned): $500
- Please ask our staff if you would like recommendations for vendors for your event, we’re happy to give you suggestions!
- Vendors who are not a part of our preferred vendor list will need prior approval and may be required to pay an additional fee.
- Drones are not allowed on Zoo grounds without prior approval. Arrangements must be made with Zoo staff in order to fly over the grounds.
- Want to add something to your event? Explore our rental add-ons.
Questions? Reach out to our rentals team at firstname.lastname@example.org.