FREE Field Trip for Maryland Students
Travel beyond the boundaries of your classroom walls with a field trip to The Maryland Zoo in Baltimore. Bring your classroom lessons to life for students while traversing the wilds of Africa, exploring the sub-Arctic tundra and venturing through the caves, forests, meadows and wetlands of Maryland.
For more information, visit our Field Trips page.
Outreach Programs — We bring the Zoo to you!
Let the Zoo come to you! The ZOOmobile brings educational, entertaining and interactive programs featuring live animals to your facility. For more information, visit our ZOOmobile page.
Field Trip Resources
Looking for ways to further enhance student learning, before, during, and after your Zoo visit?
Visit the resources page for self-guided Zoo Treks, literacy-building activities, math worksheets, and more!
Extend student learning with a visit to the Zoo!
Is your school outside the state of Maryland?
Visit our group visits page to learn more about the discounts available for your group.
The Maryland Zoo in Baltimore’s Education Programs are generously supported by:
- The State of Maryland
- The Maryland State Department of Education
- The City of Baltimore
- The Citizens of Baltimore County
- Howard County Government and the Howard County Arts Council
- Aegon Transamerica Foundation
- Association of Zoos and Aquariums
- The Bank of America Charitable Foundation
- Bonsal Family Fund
- Constellation Energy Group Foundation
- Delaplaine Foundation, Inc.
- Helen Pumphrey Denit Charitable Trust, Bank of America, N.A., Trustee
- Disney Worldwide Conservation Fund
- The Kahlert Foundation, Inc.
- The John J. Leidy Foundation, Inc.
- Robert E. Meyerhoff and Rheda Becker
- The Howard C. and Marguerite E. Muller Charitable Foundation, Inc.
- Northrop Grumman Foundation
- The Phase Foundation
- PNC Foundation
- The Ida and Joseph Shapiro Foundation
- SunTrust Foundation
- The Thomas Wilson Foundation