Join Our Team of Volunteers – Later in 2024
Taking care of the animals may seem like the only glamorous job, but volunteers can be superstars by doing all sorts of work around the zoo. Whether it’s keeping gardens beautiful, helping us stay ahead of the paperwork, or helping Zoo visitors navigate the campus, every volunteer contributes something vital to the organization. We take pride in the education and interpretation program, giving every guest the chance to ask questions and learn about animals and conservation. Please consider giving your time and talents in the way your Zoo needs help the most.
Requirements and information:
- Applications are for anyone 18 and over
- Must be able to fulfill a monthly requirement of four shifts per month (shifts are roughly 2.5 hours each)
- Must be able to fulfill a year-long commitment
- All volunteers start off as Zoo Guides (directional support, answering basic Zoo amenity questions, enhance the guest experience)
- No volunteer position is responsible for the care, management, and husbandry of our animals
- Not all applicants will be accepted into the program
Thank you for your interest! The 2024 recruitment will take place later in the year.
March 29 & 30
We need volunteers to hand out chocolate eggs and help run games!
March 16 & 17
Questions? Please contact the Volunteer Office at email@example.com or call 443-552-5266.