To protect them from avian influenza, penguins and other bird species have been moved indoors.
Sat., Jun. 11, 2022Buy Tickets
Join other zoo-loving adults (21 and over) for an amazing night under the stars! You and your friends will sleep outside in the Zoo’s Main Valley and enjoy the sights and sounds of the Zoo by night.
- Member: $125 per person
- Non-member: $135 per person
All tickets include:
- Dinner, drinks (2 drink tickets per guest), and breakfast
- Trivia and activities
- Admission to the Zoo on the following day
Did you know that Zoo members save on tickets? Learn more about becoming a member of the Maryland Zoo.
Please read the following FAQs:
Who is invited to Zoo Snooze Overnight?
- Adults age 21 and up are welcome to join in the fun!
When is Zoo Snooze Overnight offered?
- Overnights begin at 6:00 p.m. on Saturday and end at 9:30 a.m. on Sunday. Participants are welcome to spend the day at the Zoo on Sunday.
What will we do during a Zoo Snooze Overnight?
- Participants will tour the Zoo from a whole new perspective. Planned activities include: visiting natural habitats in search of nocturnal creatures, exploring animal senses through participatory activities, playing a zoo trivia game for prizes, and enjoying a campfire. There will be terrific food and drink, too!
What is on the menu for the Zoo Snooze Overnight?
Dinner: BBQ chicken quarters, pulled pork, rolls, potato salad, baked beans, coleslaw, assorted cookies, and a variety of soft drinks, beer, and wine (2 drink tickets per guest)
Breakfast: Assorted bagels and muffins, fruit, coffee, and juice
What do I need to bring with me for the overnight?
The following are some of the suggested items to bring:
- Tent (outdoor overnights only)
- Sleeping bag
- Sleeping mat or air mattress
- Weather appropriate clothing
- Sleeping mask (part of the sleeping area has emergency lights on overnight)
- Flashlight (no headlamps please)
- Change of clothes
- Reusable water bottle
What happens in the event of inclement weather?
The Zoo has the right to cancel the overnight in the event of inclement weather. Participants will be notified the morning of the overnight as to whether or not the overnight will continue. Participants will receive a full refund should we have to cancel.
How can I sign up for a Zoo Snooze Overnight?
Spacing is limited and reservations are required. Participants can sign up and pay online by clicking on the link below and filling out all the required information.
What is the cancellation policy?
Full refunds will only be given with notice on or before two weeks before the overnight program is scheduled to take place. Cancellation notice given after this date will not receive a refund.
Who can I contact with requests or questions?
Please call 443.552.5300 or email email@example.com with any further questions.