Join us at the Zoo!
ZOOlabs are 60-minute programs featuring hands-on activities and discussions. Zoo educators will lead students through a fun and exciting class that supports curriculum standards for a variety of audiences – schools, colleges, scouts, and camps.
Due to the educational nature of our program activities, Zoo visits are best suited for audiences focused on learning. Please note the Zoo does not travel to birthday parties or retail venues.
- Tuesday – Friday at 10:30 am and 11:45 am (throughout the school year)
- 60 minutes
- $250 per program
- 1 animal per program
MAXIMUM GROUP SIZE
- 25 people
Cracking the Cranial Code (Upper Elementary and Up)
- Make connections between animal adaptations, the structure of their skulls, and an animal’s diet and behaviors.
Inside the Maryland Zoo: Zoo Careers (Upper Elementary and Up)
- Explore some different careers and get an inside look at what goes on at the Maryland Zoo.
Animal Training (Teens to Adults)
- Get a close look at how zoos use basic training techniques and principles in psychology to care for animals.
Important Guidelines & Information
- If traveling to your site the Maryland Zoo staff must be provided a legal parking space near the entrance to the facility.
- Presentations must take place indoors in an enclosed space with doors and windows that can be shut. The temperature of the presentation space must be between 65 to 85˚F. The presentation space must be large enough to safely accommodate the audience while maintaining a 60 square foot space for the presenters. Due to strict quarantine policies, no other animals may be present in the presentation space.
- Audience sizes are limited to 25 children in all programs. The facility must provide chaperones in accordance with their organization’s policy. The minimum chaperone to child ratio allowed by the Zoo is one adult per 20 children.
- Food may not be served or eaten during the program(s).
- Video recording or live streaming of the Zoo’s education programs is strictly prohibited.
- The Zoo and its staff reserve the right, at any time, and for any legitimate safety reason, to cancel a program. If the Zoo cancels a scheduled program due to customer violation of Zoo policies, no refund will be issued.
- In the event of extreme weather conditions such as snowfall or temperatures above 100°F or below 0°F, the Zoo reserves the right to cancel a scheduled program. If the Zoo cancels a program due to weather conditions and a mutually agreeable alternative date cannot be found, a full refund will be issued.
- A cancellation notification must be received two weeks before the scheduled program date to receive a refund. No refunds will be issued within two weeks of the scheduled program date unless a cancellation is made by the Zoo. Changes of presentation date or time within two weeks of a scheduled program are subject to a $50 fee.
- To cancel or reschedule, please call 443.992.4585 between 8:30 am and 4:30 pm or email email@example.com. The Zoo reserves the right to amend any cancellation policies.
Call 443-992-4585 between 8:30 am and 4:30 pm or email firstname.lastname@example.org.