THE ZOO IS READY FOR YOU!
When you’re ready, we’re ready for you to rediscover the Zoo you know and love.
What You Need To Know:
- Timed entry reservations are required for ALL guests and Zoo members
- Masks are required (for guests 2 years of age & over) .
- Guests should maintain 6ft social distance from other groups and practice frequent hand washing.
What To Expect:
- Zoo pathways will allow for one-way traffic only in most areas. View Map .
- Zoo staff will be wearing masks and cleaning frequently.
- Some attractions and indoor spaces will be closed.
- Most animals will still be viewable!
Members, to make a timed ticket reservation, sign in with a registered account on the Zoo’s webstore. If you haven’t registered before, click here to register using the email address associated with your membership. Once you’re signed in/registered member tickets will be automatically discounted at checkout.
We value safety
What we’re doing:
- Limiting the daily capacity of guests to allow for social distance
- All Zoo staff will wear face coverings
- Increasing sanitation procedures and cleaning high-touch surfaces regularly
- Providing hand washing stations and hand sanitizer throughout the Zoo
- Closing some high-touch features and areas that don’t allow for social distancing.
- Suspending service of the Zoo shuttle that runs from the front gate to Penguin Coast as a health precaution. (Mobility Services will still be available by request.)
What You Can do:
- Stay home if you feel sick or have come in contact with someone who has COVID-19 symptoms. We’d love to welcome you here another time.
- Practice social distancing while on-campus and stay alert for signage all around the Zoo to assist you in doing so.
- Wear a mask. Per Baltimore City guidelines, masks are required for guests 2 years of age indoors and out.
You’ll notice some changes
The following locations will be temporarily closed as a precautionary measure:
- Zoo Shuttle Services
- Celebration Hill playground
- Tundra Buggy
- The Cave
- Tree Exhibit and Slide
- Goat Corral
The following daily activities will be temporarily suspended as a precautionary measure:
- Keeper Chats
- Education stations
- Other scheduled experiences may be temporarily unavailable. Check the Zoo Experiences page for up to date listings.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Yes, Reservations are required for both members and non-members. Click here to make your reservation.
- Children under two are free but do need an online reservation.
- General admission and membership reservations are limited each day. First come, first serve.
- Guests will need their reservation confirmation (printed or on phone) to check in.
- Guests must arrive at their reserved time slot to allow for social distancing at the front gate.
- Yes, timed reservations are required for members but have no cost. Click here to make your reservation.
- To receive a 100% discount on your member reservation, sign in with a registered account on the Zoo’s webstore. If you haven’t registered before, click here to register using the email address associated with your membership. Once you’re signed in/registered your tickets will be automatically discounted at checkout.
- Members may reserve a time slot for themselves and up to as many guests allowed with their membership level.
- Members will need their photo ID, membership card and reservation confirmation (printed or on phone) to check in.
- Members must arrive at their reserved time slot to allow for social distancing at the front gate.
Guests 2 and over are required to have a mask on when entering the Zoo. Per local, state, and federal guidelines, masks are required for guests age 2 and over throughout the Zoo.
Each time slot is half hour long. You must arrive to the Zoo within this half hour window (e.g.: if you have a 10 AM ticket, be sure to enter the Zoo between 10 AM and 10:30 AM). Once inside, you may explore the Zoo for as long as you’d like, right up to the 4 PM closing.
If you feel sick before your Zoo visit or have contact with anyone who feels ill or have COVID-19, please reschedule your reservation.
Tickets may be rescheduled up to 48 hours in advance and are subject to a rescheduling fee. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number to reschedule.
Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday are days with low visitation. Additionally, afternoons are typically less crowded.
- The Zoo’s hours of operation are 10 am to 4 pm
- The Zoo is open rain or shine! Tickets cannot be refunded for any reason, including weather.
With the exception of a few animals in indoor habitats, like the cave, most species will be viewable on your visit. Check the Zoo map to see what animals you will see along the one-way pedestrian pathway.
- Food and beverages will be available for purchase at select locations.
- Water fountains are closed throughout the Zoo. Water Bottle refill stations will be available.
- Zoo Guests are permitted to bring their own food and drink, excluding alcohol, and food in glass containers.
The Zoo has developed a comprehensive reopening plan that includes advanced cleaning, social distancing and safety measures. However, there is an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. By visiting The Maryland Zoo you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19. We ask that all guests assess their own risk and comfort level when deciding whether to visit. Click to read the full Coronavirus (COVID-19) indemnification and waiver of liability.