THE ZOO IS READY FOR YOU!
When you’re ready, we’re ready for you to rediscover the Zoo you know and love.
OPEN DAILY 10am – 4pm!
What You Need To Know:
- Timed entry reservations are required daily for ALL guests. Timed entry reservations are required for Zoo Members on Saturday and Sunday ONLY.
- Guests ages 2 and up are required to wear masks indoors regardless of vaccination status.
- Guests should maintain 6ft social distance from other groups and practice frequent hand washing.
As we move into a new phase of easing restrictions that were necessary due to the pandemic, we are happy to announce that as of Monday, August 2, 2021, Members will no longer need to make timed ticket reservations to visit the Zoo on weekdays. Monday through Friday, Members can simply come to the Zoo whenever it is convenient and show their membership card and ID upon entry. We will still require timed ticket reservations for Saturdays and Sundays.
To make a timed ticket reservation, sign in with a registered account on the Zoo’s webstore. If you haven’t registered before, click here to register using the email address associated with your membership. Once you’re signed in/registered member tickets will be automatically discounted at checkout.
We value safety
What we’re doing:
- Limiting the daily capacity of guests to allow for social distance
- Increasing sanitation procedures and cleaning high-touch surfaces regularly
- Providing handwashing stations and hand sanitizer throughout the Zoo
What You Can do:
- Stay home if you feel sick or have come in contact with someone who has COVID-19 symptoms. We’d love to welcome you here another time.
- Practice social distancing while on-campus and stay alert for signage all around the Zoo to assist you in doing so.
- Wear a mask in all indoor locations throughout the Zoo, regardless of your vaccination status.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Yes, Reservations are required for both members (Saturday and Sundays only for members) and non-members. Click here to make your reservation.
- Children under two are free but do need an online reservation.
- General admission and membership reservations are limited each day. First come, first serve.
- Guests will need their reservation confirmation (printed or on phone) to check in.
- Guests must arrive at their reserved time slot to allow for social distancing at the front gate.
When booking tickets, times indicate entry only. Guests may remain in the Zoo as long as desired or until 4 pm closure.
- As we move into a new phase of easing restrictions that were necessary due to the pandemic, we are happy to announce that as of Monday, August 2, 2021, Members will no longer need to make timed ticket reservations to visit the Zoo on weekdays. Monday through Friday, Members can simply come to the Zoo whenever it is convenient and show their membership card and ID upon entry. We will still require timed ticket reservations for Saturdays and Sundays. Click here to make your weekend reservation.
- Members are now able to simply show up to the Zoo’s main gate with their Membership Card and ID during the week (Monday through Friday).
- To receive a 100% discount on your member reservation, sign in with a registered account on the Zoo’s webstore. If you haven’t registered before, click here to register using the email address associated with your membership. Once you’re signed in/registered your tickets will be automatically discounted at checkout.
- Members may reserve a time slot for themselves and up to as many guests allowed with their membership level.
- Members will need their photo ID, membership card and reservation confirmation (printed or on phone) to check in.
- Members must arrive at their reserved time slot to allow for social distancing at the front gate.
Timeslots indicate entry time only. Members may remain in the Zoo as long as desired or until 4 pm closure.
For those 2 years old and up, masks are required indoors for all individuals, regardless of vaccination status. Indoor locations include Wild Things Gift Shop, Chimp Forest, Giraffe House, Penguin Education Center, and the Tundra Buggy; the Cave, the Tree and box turtle tunnel habitats in The Maryland Wilderness, as well as all restrooms.
Guests who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 are no longer required to wear a mask outdoors while visiting the Zoo. We do expect unvaccinated guests to wear masks when social distancing is not possible such as in line at concessions, Giraffe Feeding Station, on the train and carousel, and during special events or experiences.
Each time slot is one hour long. You must arrive to the Zoo within this hour window (e.g.: if you have a 10 AM ticket, be sure to enter the Zoo between 10 AM and 11 AM). Once inside, you may explore the Zoo for as long as you’d like, right up to the 4 PM closing.
If you feel sick before your Zoo visit or have contact with anyone who feels ill or have COVID-19, please reschedule your reservation.
Tickets may be rescheduled up to 48 hours in advance and are subject to a rescheduling fee. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number to reschedule.
Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday are days with low visitation. Additionally, afternoons are typically less crowded.
- The Zoo’s hours of operation are 10 am to 4 pm
- The Zoo is open rain or shine! Tickets cannot be refunded for any reason, including weather.
Check the Zoo map to see what animals live at the Maryland Zoo.
- Food and beverages will be available for purchase at concession locations.
- Water fountains and water bottle refill stations will be available.
- Zoo guests are permitted to bring their own food and drink, excluding alcohol, and food in glass containers.
The Zoo has developed a comprehensive reopening plan that includes advanced cleaning, social distancing and safety measures. However, there is an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. By visiting the Maryland Zoo you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19. We ask that all guests assess their own risk and comfort level when deciding whether to visit. Click to read the full Coronavirus (COVID-19) indemnification and waiver of liability.
Guests who are part of the AZA reciprocal program or any of our local participating reciprocal organizations will be able to get the discount by purchasing tickets in person at our Main Gate (we are currently unable to offer the discount with online purchases).