THE ZOO IS READY FOR YOU!
When you’re ready, we’re ready for you to rediscover the Zoo you know and love.
What You Need To Know:
- Timed entry reservations are required for ALL guests and Zoo members
- Masks are recommended on Zoo property and required in some areas (for guests over 9).
- Guests should maintain 6ft social distance from other groups and practice frequent hand washing.
What To Expect:
- Zoo pathways will allow for one-way traffic only in most areas. View Map .
- Zoo staff will be wearing masks and cleaning frequently.
- Some attractions and indoor spaces will be closed.
- Most animals will still be viewable!
Members, to make a timed ticket reservation, sign in with a registered account on the Zoo’s webstore. If you haven’t registered before, click here to register using the email address associated with your membership. Once you’re signed in/registered member tickets will be automatically discounted at checkout.
We value safety
What we’re doing:
- Limiting the daily capacity of guests to allow for social distance
- All Zoo staff will wear face coverings
- Increasing sanitation procedures and cleaning high-touch surfaces regularly
- Providing hand washing stations and hand sanitizer throughout the Zoo
- Closing some high-touch features and areas that don’t allow for social distancing.
- Suspending service of the Zoo shuttle that runs from the front gate to Penguin Coast as a health precaution. (Mobility Services will still be available by request.)
What You Can do:
- Stay home if you feel sick or have come in contact with someone who has COVID-19 symptoms. We’d love to welcome you here another time.
- Practice social distancing while on-campus and stay alert for signage all around the Zoo to assist you in doing so.
- Wear a mask. Per Maryland state guidelines, masks are required for guests over the age of 9 when inside enclosed spaces such as restrooms. Other “Mask Zones” will be clearly marked at the main entrance ticket booths, concessions windows, and indoor areas.
You’ll notice some changes
The following locations will be temporarily closed as a precautionary measure:
Zoo Shuttle Services
Celebration Hill playground
Tree Exhibit and Slide
The following daily activities will be temporarily suspended as a precautionary measure:
Other scheduled experiences may be temporarily unavailable. Check the Zoo Experiences page for up to date listings.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Yes, Reservations are required for both members and non-members. Click here to make your reservation.
- Children under two are free but do need an online reservation.
- General admission and membership reservations are limited each day. First come, first serve.
- Guests will need their reservation confirmation (printed or on phone) to check in.
- Guests must arrive at their reserved time slot to allow for social distancing at the front gate.
- Yes, timed reservations are required for members but have no cost. Click here to make your reservation.
- To receive a 100% discount on your member reservation, sign in with a registered account on the Zoo’s webstore. If you haven’t registered before, click here to register using the email address associated with your membership. Once you’re signed in/registered your tickets will be automatically discounted at checkout.
- Members may reserve a time slot for themselves and up to as many guests allowed with their membership level.
- Members will need their photo ID, membership card and reservation confirmation (printed or on phone) to check in.
- Members must arrive at their reserved time slot to allow for social distancing at the front gate.
Guests over 9 are required to have a mask with them when entering the Zoo. Per Maryland state guidelines, masks are required for guests over the age of 9 when inside enclosed spaces such as restrooms. Masks are recommended throughout the Zoo and required for guests over 9 in specific areas where social distancing is not possible. “Mask zones” will be clearly marked at the main entrance ticket booths, concessions windows, and indoor or congested areas.
If you feel sick before your Zoo visit or have contact with anyone who feels ill or have COVID-19, please reschedule your reservation.
Tickets may be rescheduled up to 48 hours in advance and are subject to a $20 rescheduling fee. Please email email@example.com with your order number to reschedule.
- The Zoo’s hours of operation are 10 am to 4 pm
- The Zoo is open rain or shine! Tickets cannot be refunded for any reason, including weather.
With the exception of a few animals in indoor habitats, like the cave, most species will be viewable on your visit. Check the Zoo map to see what animals you will see along the one-way pedestrian pathway.
- Food and beverages will be available for purchase at select locations.
- Water fountains are closed throughout the Zoo. Water Bottle refill stations will be available.
- Zoo Guests are permitted to bring their own food and drink, excluding alcohol, and food in glass containers.
The Zoo has developed a comprehensive reopening plan that includes advanced cleaning, social distancing and safety measures. However, there is an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. By visiting The Maryland Zoo you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19. We ask that all guests assess their own risk and comfort level when deciding whether to visit. Click to read the full Coronavirus (COVID-19) indemnification and waiver of liability.