The walking path from the Zoo’s front gate to Zoo Central, known as Buffalo Yard road, will be closed until Thursday, 6/14. Several large trees have recently come down on the path and the wet forecast for the weekend creates a higher risk of others falling. For the safety of our guests, the path will be closed and there may be some disruption to shuttle services into the Zoo as guests are re-routed. Thank you for bearing with us as we work to ensure the Zoo is a safe and enjoyable environment for all who visit.
Due to construction in the park, extended closures of both eastbound and westbound lanes of Druid Park Lake Drive are currently taking place. If you are planning to come to the Zoo, we suggest you take the following route to access the Zoo parking lot.
- Take I-83 to Exit 9 B – Coldspring Lane West
- Follow Coldspring Lane approximately 0.6 miles to the traffic light at Greenspring Avenue
- Turn LEFT onto Greenspring Avenue.
- Follow Greenspring Avenue approximately 1.3 miles
- Go straight at the corner of Greenspring Avenue and Druid Park Lake Drive to enter Druid Hill Park.
- Follow the road and turn left at the 4 th road (the Old Reptile House will be on your right)
- The Zoo parking lot will be on your right.