For guests planning to visit the Zoo on Saturday, April 30th:
Please be aware that there is a MAJOR event happening in Druid Hill Park on Saturday, April 30, 2016. The event is Charm City Folk & Bluegrass Festival. Many entrances to the park will be limited to vehicle traffic and only the Greenspring Avenue entrance will remain open to Zoo guests. Please allow additional time for your travel as we expect both Druid Hill Park and the Greenspring Zoo entrance to be congested at times. Arrival prior to noon is expected to be less congested than the afternoon.
Parking (Zoo vouchers):
The major event in the park will be charging for parking. In order to ensure the Zoo’s parking lot has spaces available for Zoo guests, on this Saturday ONLY, Zoo visitors will be asked to pay advance admission in the form of a parking fee (cash preferred). The parking fee is $10 and guests will be issued a $10 Zoo voucher for use toward admission costs at the front gate. Zoo members and prepaid ticketholders can simply show their membership card or tickets to gain access to the parking lot without paying.
Zoo guests must enter via Greenspring Avenue to access the Zoo parking lot.
Route A (suggested):
- I-83 to Exit 9B – Coldspring Lane West
- Follow Coldspring Lane approximately 0.6 miles to the traffic light at Greenspring Avenue
- Turn LEFT onto Greenspring Avenue
- Follow Greenspring Avenue approximately 1.3 miles
- Go straight at the corner of Greenspring Avenue and Druid Park Lake Drive to enter Druid Hill Park
- Follow the road and turn left at the 4th road (Beechwood Drive) to enter the Zoo parking lot
Route B (likely to be heavily congested):
- Take I-83 to Exit 7 (West) – Druid Park Lake Drive
- Follow Druid Park Lake Drive approximately 1.3 miles
- The right lane prior to Gwynn’s Falls Parkway may be congested due to event parking
- Turn RIGHT onto Greenspring Avenue at the light after Gwynn’s Falls Parkway
- Follow Greenspring Avenue for approximately 0.3 miles
- Turn RIGHT onto Beachwood Drive to enter the Zoo parking lot
Thank you for your patience as we do not control events taking place in the Park.