The new African penguin exhibit, slated to open this fall, is really taking shape. Perry the Penguin has been seeing the construction up close, and brings us a “bird’s eye view” of the progress inside the exhibit. Some of the most exciting progress that he has witnessed has been the main buildings getting roofs, sides and windows and the rocks in the swimming areas taking shape.
Due to construction in the park, extended closures of both eastbound and westbound lanes of Druid Park Lake Drive are currently taking place. If you are planning to come to the Zoo, we suggest you take the following route to access the Zoo parking lot.
- Take I-83 to Exit 9 B – Coldspring Lane West
- Follow Coldspring Lane approximately 0.6 miles to the traffic light at Greenspring Avenue
- Turn LEFT onto Greenspring Avenue.
- Follow Greenspring Avenue approximately 1.3 miles
- Go straight at the corner of Greenspring Avenue and Druid Park Lake Drive to enter Druid Hill Park.
- Follow the road and turn left at the 4 th road (the Old Reptile House will be on your right)
- The Zoo parking lot will be on your right.