If you’re coming to visit our new chimp baby, Lola, born on July 5th, she will be in the Chimp Forest dayroom with her mother, Bunny. Currently, she is periodically on exhibit in the mornings until the early afternoon.
There are currently no events scheduled for this series.
Beautiful, mysterious, and rare, Panamanian golden frogs have been revered as good-luck tokens in their native country of Panama since pre-Columbian times. Now, they are critically endangered, and quite possibly extinct in the wild. Join us on August 17th to learn about the threats Panamanian Golden Frogs face in the wild and how they are thriving under the care of zoos and aquariums in the United States. Guests will be able to talk to the keepers and learn more about these frogs throughout the day!
Schedule of Activities
- 10:00am – 3:30pm: Education Stations and Activities
- 10:00am – 3:30pm: Meet a Keeper Station
- Semaphore demo
- Aquarium set up with frogs for closer viewing
- Frog ID
- Tools of the trade
- 11:00am: Field Talk at Penguin Education Center
- 11:15am: Puppet Show at the Oasis Stage
- 11:30am: Keeper Chat with Trivia Session in Chimp Forest (Win a frog painting!)
- 1:30pm: Field Talk at Penguin Education Center
- 2:00pm: Keeper Chat with Trivia Session in Chimp Forest (Win a frog painting!)