Sun., Sep. 22, 2019
There are five rhino species — black, white, greater one-horned, Sumatran, and Javan. The Maryland Zoo is the proud home to one southern white rhino in our African Watering Hole exhibit. On September 22nd, get to know Stubby, the threats to rhino survival, and why conservation efforts are so critical!
Rhinos are facing the threat of extinction, so we have dedicated an entire day in efforts to keep the five rhino species forever! This themed day at the Zoo will be filled with educational rhino fun where guests can attend keeper chats and participate in themed activities. It’s your chance to get involved and learn how to help raise awareness for these endangered giants!
Schedule of Activities
- 10:00am – 3:30pm – Education Stations and Activities throughout the Zoo
- 11:00 am – Natural History Keeper Chat with Trivia. Win a rhino skin painting!
- 11:30 am – Puppet Show at the Oasis Stage
- 1:30 pm – Rhino Training Demo
- 3:00 pm – Conservation Keeper Chat with Trivia. Win a rhino skin painting!
Special Rhino Day Face Painting
Get your face painted like a rockin’ rhino! Special Rhino face painting will be available at the face painting station. ($)