There are currently no events scheduled for this series.
What do you get when two giraffes collide? … a giraffic jam! All joking aside, visit us on June 18th to learn all about these gentle giants. You will also have the chance to participate in giraffe themed activities, ask the keepers all of your questions, and watch training demos.
Did you know, World Giraffe Day is on June 21st because it is the longest day of the year and celebrates the tallest animal? Click to learn more about World Giraffe Day.
Schedule of Activities:
- 10:00 – 3:30: Giraffe-themed education stations and activities throughout the Zoo
- 10:30 – 10:45: Lion Enrichment
- 11:00 – 1:00: Meet a Keeper at the Giraffe Exhibit
- 11:00 – 11:15: Otter Enrichment
- 11:30 – 11:45: Puppet Show at the Oasis Stage
- 11:30 – 11:15: Polar Bear Enrichment
- 11:30 – 11:45: Giraffe Keeper Chat and Trivia at the Giraffe House
- 1:30 – 1:45: Okapi Keeper Chat and Training Demonstration
- 1:30 – 1:45: Leopard Enrichment
- 2:00 – 2:30: Porcupine and Warthog Enrichment
- 2:30 – 2:45: Giraffe Training Demonstration at the Giraffe Feeding Station
- 2:45 – 3:00: Lemur Enrichment
- 3:00 – 3:15: Donkey and Goat Enrichment
What’s Animal Enrichment?
Enrichment activities help enhance the care that keepers provide for Zoo animals by adding variety and stimulation to the animals’ daily routines. Every enrichment item is specifically developed for each animal to help elicit species-specific wild behaviors. Enrichment can take the shape or physical objects like puzzle feeder or other stimulus like new scents and sounds in an exhibit.