We’re wild about giraffes every day–but especially on World Giraffe Day! Did you know that World Giraffe Day is on June 21st because it is the longest day of the year? And there’s no better time to celebrate the animal with the longest neck! Visit us on June 25th to celebrate with us in person – giraffe activities will be taking place at the Giraffe Feeding Station and giraffe habitat.
Check out these online activities and resources to help you go wild about giraffes!
- Watch giraffe Caesar get a pedicure.
- See members of the herd chow down on some of their favorite greens. Then try a fun family recipe to make your own “giraffe spit”!
- Find out what “necking” means to giraffes.
- Make your own giraffe ossicone headband.
- Be a community scientist and help count, identify, and track giraffes and other wildlife through the Zooniverse Wildwatch Kenya project.
Giraffe Training Experience – returning this spring!
Still can’t get enough giraffes in your day? Learn how keepers work with the giraffes during our Giraffe Training Experience! Tickets on sale soon for 2022.
Adopt a Giraffe
Zoo animal adopters play an important role in supporting the Zoo and our mission of preserving wildlife and wild places. Adopt a giraffe today!