Mon., Jun. 21, 2021
We’re wild about giraffes every day–but especially on World Giraffe Day! Did you know that World Giraffe Day is on June 21st because it is the longest day of the year? And there’s no better time to celebrate the animal with the longest neck!
Due to continuing covid-related limitations, most activities related to this Wild About Day will be virtual.
Check out these activities and resources to help you go wild about giraffes!
- Visit our social media platforms for the Wild About Giraffes Keeper Q&A on June 21st! Giraffe keepers will be sharing answers to YOUR questions throughout the day.
- Watch giraffe Caesar get a pedicure.
- See members of the herd chow down on some of their favorite greens. Then try a fun family recipe to make your own “giraffe spit”!
- Find out what “necking” means to giraffes.
- Make your own giraffe ossicone headband.
- Be a community scientist and help count, identify, and track giraffes and other wildlife through the Zooniverse Wildwatch Kenya project.
NEW! Giraffe Training Experience
Still can’t get enough giraffes in your day? Take a peek at how keepers work with the giraffes with a throwback to Willow’s early days of target training, then book your tickets for our new Giraffe Training Experience!
Adopt a Giraffe
Zoo animal adopters play an important role in supporting the Zoo and our mission of preserving wildlife and wild places. Adopt a giraffe today!