Calling all digital photographers! You are invited to join the Maryland Zoo in Baltimore’s monthly digital photo contest. We are looking for the best digital photos taken at the Maryland Zoo of the animals, people, scenery, or buildings.
The contest is open to all amateur digital photographers old and young. So grab your camera and head out to the Zoo this week to take some pictures.
We will be awarding monthly prizes and winning photographs will be displayed on our Maryland Zoo Facebook page.
Prizes will be awarded as follows
- First Place – Photo posted on the web, and your photo will be featured for a minimum of 48 hours as the profile image of the Zoo’s official facebook page. It’s a great way for friends and family to see your great photo work. Your achievement will also be announced in our monthly email newsletter and on our Facebook and Twitter pages.
- Second Place – Photo posted on the web. Announcement in our monthly email newsletter and on our Facebook page.
- Third Place – Photo posted on the web. Announcement in our monthly email newsletter and on our Facebook page.
- Limit one photo entry per month per photographer.
- Open to amateur photographers 14 years and up.
- Images that include a watermark or photographer’s name will not be included.
- Entries must be taken at the Maryland Zoo in Baltimore after May 1, 2010.
- Please only submit your images electronically in JPG format. Please do not mail entries in to the Zoo they will be returned.
- Deadline for entry is 4:00 p.m. on the last day of the month you are competing for. For example – to compete in April you must email your entry on or before 4:00pm on the 30th of April.
- The image title and the photographer’s name, address and telephone number must be included with the entry.
- Each month we will post all photographs entered on the Zoo Facebook fan page and all our fans can “like” their favorite photo. The three photos with the most Facebook “likes” will be our winners.
- All entries with an identifiable person or persons must be accompanied by a signed model release form.