Join us for the African penguin feed!
Join us on the Penguin Coast island to experience how keepers interact with the Zoo’s endangered African penguins on a daily basis. Learn about African penguin training, feedings, and more on this guided experience with a Zoo Educator. This experience also includes the opportunity to sit with Penguin Care Team members during the afternoon feeding session.
PENGUIN TRAINING INFORMATION
- Sunday, Monday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, 3:20 pm
- Penguin Encounter Bench
- 30-minute experience
- No more than two (2) guests per tour
PENGUIN TRAINING PRICES
Adults and children ages 12 & over:
(Children under 12 years of age are NOT permitted for this Zoo Experience)
- $39 for Zoo Members
- $49 for Non-members*
- One ticket required per guest. Purchase online, in advance.
THIS EXPERIENCE IS CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE DUE TO PENGUIN MANAGEMENT CHANGES FROM THE AVIAN INFLUENZA THREAT.
*Prices do not include Zoo admission. Zoo admission tickets are required for each experience attendee and must be purchased separately for non-Zoo members. If you are not a Zoo member, you must purchase admission tickets in advance. If you are a Zoo Member, simply show your membership card and ID when checking in at the main gate.
Zoo members, to receive your ticket discount you must first register on the Zoo’s online store. Click below to register if you don’t already have an account. Once you do, you’ll automatically receive your Zoo Experience discount at checkout.
Important Tour Guidelines & Information:
- Scheduling – Zoo Experience tickets are for the chosen date and time only. Zoo Experiences are non-transferrable and tickets cannot be used for a different date or time. Zoo Experiences are available on a first-come, first-served basis and fill up quickly. You may need to select another experience date and time if your preferred number of tickets is not available.
- Additional Experience Guidelines – Children under 12 years of age are not permitted for this Zoo Experience. You may share your experience with others.
- Refunds – Zoo Experience tickets cannot be returned or refunded.
- Rescheduling – Reservations may be changed up to 48-hours in advance of the scheduled experience and are subject to an Administrative Change Fee. Changes are not permitted within 48-hours of the scheduled experience. Tickets will be forfeited if your party is not present at the start time. Contact us at email@example.com or call 443-992-4585.
- Arrival – Zoo Experiences begin promptly at stated time. Once a Zoo Experience has begun, additional guests will not be permitted due to safety and tickets cannot be refunded or rescheduled due to lateness.
- Dress – Closed-toed shoes are recommended. Since this experience is very sunny, we also recommend wearing sunscreen, bringing a hat and/or sunglasses.
- Accessibility – Zoo Experiences can accommodate guests using wheelchairs; however, strollers are not permitted. Service animals are not permitted on Zoo Experiences. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 443-992-4585 with any accessibility needs in advance of your experience.
- Cancellation – Zoo Experiences are weather, staff and animal dependent. The Zoo will contact ticket holders with any changes or cancellations as soon as a decision has been made regarding the status. The Zoo reserves the right to cancel or end an experience for any reason, including guest behavior.
SPECIAL REQUESTS, NEEDS, OR QUESTIONS?
Call 443-992-4585 from 10am-4pm daily or email email@example.com.