— Featuring BGE electric vehicles! —
BALTIMORE, MD – On Sunday, October 10, Trucks for Tots, presented by Chase, will electrify guests at the Maryland Zoo! This year, all the vehicles will be electric vehicles, courtesy of BGE.
“While it is important to teach our visitors about animals and their habitats, we also want to share our commitment to sustainable living,” stated Kirby Fowler, president & CEO of The Maryland Zoo. “We are really happy to continue our partnership with BGE to showcase these special trucks to everyone.” Recently BGE installed three new public EVsmart® electric vehicle chargers in front of the Zoo.
Always a favorite family event, these “Trucks for Tots” will be on display at the Zoo from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Kids of all ages are welcome to visit the trucks, which include a fleet of BGE electric vehicles including an electric bus, a bucket truck, dump truck, yard truck, forklift as well as a Chevy Bolt and a Ford Mach-E!
“The Maryland Zoo is a staple for so many families and Chase is proud to be able to bring Trucks for Tots to the community in a safe, family-friendly environment,” said Elana Thornton, a member of the Maryland Zoological Society Board of Trustees and Chase Maryland Market Director.
During Trucks for Tots, presented by Chase:
- Kids will have the opportunity to “touch the trucks” and even go inside them. Staff will be cleaning the vehicles throughout the day.
- There will be visits from Zoo Animal Ambassadors from 10:15 a.m. – 11:15 a.m. (weather permitting)
- BGE representatives will be on hand to answer questions about the vehicles.
- Timed ticketing reservations are required to enter the Zoo. Trucks for Tots is a free event and does not require a separate ticket.
- General admission tickets for October 10th will be on sale September 12th.
Thank you to our generous sponsor Chase and partner BGE. This event is rain or shine.