BALTIMORE, MD – Yoga at the Zoo is returning to the Maryland Zoo, with the animals providing inspiration and up-close experiences during your practice. You can strike a yoga pose at Penguin Coast, home to more than 95 African penguins, or at the lion habitat under the watchful gaze of lions Zuri and Hassan. New this year is Sunset Yoga at the Elephant Overlook!
“It’s important to have fun while you exercise,” said Colleen Burch, director of events. “The Maryland Zoo is such a unique setting, and participants really enjoy seeing and hearing the animals. You’re not just exercising, you’re making memories.”
Each 60-minute Vinyasa-style yoga class is designed for both beginner and intermediate yoga lovers. Your instructor will guide you through gentle poses designed to calm your mind and strengthen your body. There are also individualized options to help best support your unique skill level. The class is coed and intended for those 15 years of age and older.
Currently the following dates are available:
- May 8 Penguin Coast – 8:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
- May 23 Penguin Coast – 8:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
- June 13 Elephant Overlook – 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. **NEW**
- June 26 Lion habitat – 8:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
To align with current COVID protocols:
- Classes are outdoors and will be capped to follow City mandate.
- Guests are required to wear a mask at all times per City mandate.
- Guests are required to practice social distancing.
Yoga at the Zoo tickets are $25 per session, which includes admission to the Zoo on the day of class. Members get a $10 discount off tickets at checkout. Preregistration is required. Tickets are available now.