See the Zoo like never before, virtually!
Have you ever wanted to venture inside the world of zoo life and learn firsthand about the animals from their animal care team? Our dedicated animal care staff will help you discover these secrets and more as part of a special virtual encounter at the Maryland Zoo!
Looking for virtual programs for schools or groups? Explore our virtual ZOOmobile offerings.
Click an animal below for more info and to purchase tickets:
Important Guidelines & Information:
- Must be 18 years or older to purchase Virtual Encounter tickets.
- Virtual Encounters allow for behind-the-scenes access in a video conferencing setting.
- Virtual Encounter tickets are good for one device only. Virtual Encounter link cannot be shared with viewers on a separate device.
- Virtual Encounter tickets cannot be returned or refunded.
- Virtual Encounters are non-transferrable and tickets cannot be used for a different Virtual Encounter date or time.
- Reservations may be changed up to 72 hours before the scheduled Virtual Encounter and are subject to an Administrative Change Fee. Changes are not permitted within 72 hours of the scheduled Virtual Encounter. Contact us at email@example.com or call 443-992-4585.
- Virtual Encounters begin promptly at stated time. Once a Virtual Encounter has begun, you will not be permitted to enter. If you leave the Virtual Encounter for any reason, you will not be permitted to re-enter.
- Virtual Encounters are available on a first-come, first-serve basis and fill up quickly. You may need to select another Virtual Encounter date and time if your preferred Virtual Encounter is not available or if you are unable to add the desired number of tickets.
- Virtual Encounters are weather, staff, and animal dependent. The Zoo reserves the right to cancel a Virtual Encounter or end a Virtual Encounter for any reason, including guest behavior.
- Virtual Encounters use the Zoom video platform. Recommendations for viewing can be found here. We recommend that you familiarize yourself with the Zoom platform and test your account prior to your scheduled Virtual Encounter.
- This is a shared experience. Guest video and audio will be turned off throughout the tour. Interaction and Q&A will be experienced using the chat feature.
- If you wish to schedule a private Virtual Encounter, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 443-992-4585. Additional fees do apply.
Call 443-992-4585 during normal Zoo hours or email email@example.com.