Learn how to prepare a meal for a lion or a treat for an elephant!
Take part in an exclusive one-of-kind experience inside the Maryland Zoo’s commissary complex. This 25-30 minute guided tour will take you through the behind-the-scenes areas where we prepare our daily animal diets, order and store the items, and discuss the important role that diets play in animal welfare. During the tour, take part in preparing a special treat for one of our animals and learn more about how the Zoo in participating in conservation and how you can help at home!
- Time: 1:00pm
- Length: 25-30 minutes
- Group size: No more than eight (8) guests per tour
2019 Tour Dates
- July 6 & 20
- August 3 & 17
- September 7 & 21
- October 5 & 19
- November 2 & 16
- December 7 & 21
Adults and children 2 and over:
- $5 for Zoo Members
- $10 for Non-members*
- One ticket required per guest
- Purchase online, in advance, or at any Zoo ticketing location
- Same-day tours can be purchased if space is still available
*Prices do not include Zoo admission. If you’re not a Zoo member, you’ll need to purchase admission tickets in advance or at the Zoo’s Main Gate on the day of your visit.
Zoo members, to receive your ticket discount you must first register on the Zoo’s online store. Click below to register if you don’t already have an account. Once you do, you’ll automatically receive your discount at checkout.
Important Tour Guidelines & Information
- Zoo Bites Tour tickets cannot be returned or refunded. Tours are non-transferrable and tickets cannot be used for a different tour date or time.
- Reservations may be changed up to 72 hours before the scheduled tour and are subject to a $15 Administrative Change Fee. Changes are not permitted within 72 hours of scheduled tour. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 410-396-7102.
- Tours begin promptly at stated time. Once a tour has begun, additional guests will not be permitted due to safety and tickets cannot be rescheduled or refunded.
- If your group has less than 8 guests you may share your experience with others
- Tours are available on a first-come, first serve basis and fill up quickly. You may need to select another tour date and time if your preferred tour is not available.
- Not recommended for children under 5 years of age. Adults may be asked to carry children for the duration of the tour.
- Children under 16 years of age must be accompanied by a ticketed adult
- Tours can accommodate guests using wheelchairs; however, strollers are not permitted
- Tours are weather and staff dependent. The Zoo reserves the right to cancel a tour or end a tour for any reason, including guest behavior.
- This tour has no interaction with Zoo animals.
Zoo Bites tours make great gifts! Click here to see a herd of wild Zoo gift ideas.
Call 410-396-7102 from 10am-4pm daily or email email@example.com.