Explore the Zoo’s kitchen!
Did you know that The Maryland Zoo’s animals have a whole team of people whose job it is to prepare their food? Take part in an exclusive one-of-kind experience inside the Maryland Zoo’s commissary complex. This 45-minute guided tour will take you through the behind the scenes areas where we prepare our daily animal diets, order and store the items, and discuss the important role that diets play in animal welfare. You may even have a chance to prepare a special treat for some of our animals and get tips on how to participate in conservation at home! Please note: This tour has no interaction with zoo animals.
- Length: 45 minutes
- Group size: No more than eight (8) guests per tour
2018 Tour Dates
- September 8 and 22
- October 6 and 20
- November 10 and 24
- December 8 and 22
Adults and children 2 and over:
- $29 for Zoo Members
- $39 for Non-members*
Children under the age of 2 are free and are not included in the total guest count for tours.
- One ticket required per guest
- Purchase online, in advance, or at any Zoo ticketing location
- Same-day tours can be purchased if space is still available
*Prices do not include Zoo admission. If you’re not a Zoo member, you’ll need to purchase admission tickets in advance or at the Zoo’s Main Gate on the day of your visit.
Zoo members, to receive your ticket discount you must first register on the Zoo’s online store. Click below to register if you don’t already have an account. Once you do, you’ll automatically receive your discount at checkout.
Important Tour Guidelines & Information
- Zoo Bites Tour tickets cannot be returned or refunded. Tours are non-transferrable and tickets cannot be used for a different tour date or time.
- Tours begin promptly at stated time. Once a tour has begun, additional guests will not be permitted due to safety and tickets cannot be rescheduled or refunded.
- If your group has less than 8 guests you may share your experience with others
- Tours are available on a first-come, first-serve basis and fill up quickly. You may need to select another tour date and time if your preferred tour is not available.
- Not recommended for children under 5 years of age
- Children under 16 years of age must be accompanied by a ticketed adult
- Children under 2 years of age must be held for the duration of the tour
- Tours can accommodate guests using wheelchairs; however, strollers are not permitted
- Tours are weather and staff dependent. The Zoo reserves the right to cancel a tour or end a tour for any reason, including guest behavior.
- This tour has no interaction with Zoo animals
The Zoo Bites: Animal Nutrition Tours make great gifts! Click here to see a herd of wild Zoo gift ideas.
ZOO BITES: ANIMAL NUTRITION TOUR QUESTIONS?
Call 410-396-7102 from 10am-4pm daily or email email@example.com.