As a precaution, this tour has been suspended until further notice.
Get up close with Zoo animals!
Follow down the path less traveled into the world of our Animal Mews outdoor enclosure. It’s your chance to meet and greet Zoo animals at the Animal Mews in an exclusive, staff-only outdoor area. Take part in an intimate, 20-30 minute tour with a guided keeper experience, special photo opportunities, and up-close animal interaction (think selfies).
TOUR TIMES (MARCH – OCTOBER):
- Saturdays, 1:15 pm
- 20-30 minutes
- No more than five (5) guests per tour
Adults and children 5 & over:
- $25 for Zoo Members
- $35 for Non-members*
- One ticket required per guest
- Purchase online, in advance
*Prices do not include Zoo admission. Zoo admission tickets are required for each tour attendee and must be purchased separately for non-Zoo members. If you are not a Zoo member, you must purchase admission tickets in advance. If you are a Zoo Member, you must make an online reservation for your date and an earlier entry time than your Talons & Tails Encounter.
Zoo members, to receive your ticket discount you must first register on the Zoo’s online store. Click below to register if you don’t already have an account. Once you do, you’ll automatically receive your Encounter discounts at checkout.
IMPORTANT TOUR GUIDELINES & INFORMATION:
- Scheduling – Tour tickets are for chosen date and time only. Tours are non-transferrable and tickets cannot be used for a different tour date or time. Tours are available on a first-come, first-served basis and fill up quickly. You may need to select another tour date and time if your preferred tour or number of tickets is not available.
- Tickets – One tour ticket is required per guest. Tour tickets do not include Zoo admission. Zoo admission tickets are required for each tour attendee and must be purchased separately for non-Zoo members. If you are not a Zoo member, click here to purchase your Zoo admission ticket. If you are a Zoo Member, you must make an online reservation for your date and an earlier entry time than your Talons & Tails Encounter.
- Additional Encounter Guidelines – Children under 5 years of age are not permitted on tour. Children under 16 years of age must be accompanied by a ticketed adult on a 3 child:1 adult ratio. Strollers are not permitted on tour but can be left outside of the encounter area. If your group has less than 5 guests you may share your experience with others.
- Refunds – Encounter tickets cannot be returned or refunded.
- Rescheduling – Reservations may be changed up to 72-hours in advance of the scheduled tour and are subject to a $20 Administrative Change Fee. Changes are not permitted within 72-hours of the scheduled tour. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 410-396-7102.
- Arrival – Tours begin promptly at stated time. Once a tour has begun, additional guests will not be permitted due to safety and tickets cannot be refunded or rescheduled due to lateness.
- Dress – Masks are required for all ages during the entirety of the tour. Closed-toed shoes are recommended for tour guests. Tours are rain or shine and umbrellas are not permitted. We recommend wearing rain gear and warm layers during any forecasted inclement weather.
- Accessibility – Tours can accommodate guests using wheelchairs. Service animals are not permitted on tours.
- Cancellation – Tours are weather, staff and animal dependent. The Zoo will contact ticket holders with any tour changes or cancellations as soon as a decision has been made regarding the status. The Zoo reserves the right to cancel a tour or end a tour for any reason, including guest behavior.
Talons & Tails Encounter Questions?
Call 410-396-7102 during normal Zoo hours or email email@example.com.