Meet a Chimpanzee!
Journey to the Chimpanzee Forest and take part in an exclusive, one-of-a-kind training and educational experience. It’s your chance to meet and greet the Maryland Zoo’s Chimpanzee troop and play a small part in the training process along with the zookeepers who care for them daily. Take part in an intimate, 30-minute encounter with a 10-minute educational walking tour and 20-minute guided keeper experience where you will get the chance to participate in training one of five different chimpanzee behaviors. Guests will learn about training, conservation, and animal care.
CHIMPANZEE ENCOUNTER INFORMATION
March – October:
- Saturdays, 12:00 pm
- No more than eight (8) guests per tour
CHIMPANZEE ENCOUNTER PRICES
- $25 per person for Zoo Members
- $35 per person for Non-members*
- One ticket required per guest.
- Purchase online, in advance, or at any Zoo ticketing location.
- Same-day tours can be purchased if space is still available.
*Prices do not include Zoo admission. If you’re not a Zoo member, you’ll need to purchase admission tickets in advance or at the Zoo’s Main Gate on the day of your visit.
Zoo members, to receive your ticket discount you must first register on the Zoo’s online store. Click below to register if you don’t already have an account. Once you do, you’ll automatically receive your Chimpanzee Encounter discounts at checkout.
Important Tour Guidelines & Information:
- Tours begin promptly at stated time. Once a tour has begun, additional guests will not be permitted due to safety and cannot be returned or rescheduled due to lateness.
- Chimpanzee Encounter tickets cannot be returned or refunded. Tours are non-transferrable and tickets cannot be used for a different tour date or time.
- Reservations may be changed up to 72 hours before the scheduled tour and are subject to a $15 Administrative Change Fee. Changes are not permitted within 72 hours of scheduled tour. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 410-396-7102.
- If your group has less than 8 guests, you may share your experience with others.
- Tours are available on a first-come, first-served basis and fill up quickly. You may need to select another tour date and time if your preferred tour is not available.
- Closed-toed shoes are recommended for tour guests.
- Not recommended for children under 5 years of age. Adults may be asked to hold children for the duration of the tour.
- Children under 16 years of age must be accompanied by a ticketed adult on a 3 child:1 adult ratio.
- Tours can accommodate guests using wheelchairs; however, strollers are not permitted.
- Service animals are not permitted on tours.
- Tours are weather, staff and chimpanzee dependent. The Chimpanzee Encounter is an outdoors experience. The Zoo will contact ticket holders with any changes or cancellations as soon as a decision has been made regarding chimpanzee management.
- The Zoo reserves the right to cancel a tour or end a tour for any reason, including guest behavior.
Chimpanzee Encounters make great gifts! Click here to see a herd of wild Zoo gift ideas.
Chimpanzee ENCOUNTER QUESTIONS?
Call 410-396-7102 during normal Zoo hours (10am – 4pm) or email email@example.com.