Join us for special Animal Adventures at the Zoo! These drop-in educational programs are FREE with paid admission and open to all ages. Through games, puppet shows, activities, and crafts, participants will learn about the husbandry, behavior, adaptations, and ecology of different animals. Activities take 15-20 minutes to complete. Locations vary so look on the Creature Encounter Chalkboard and listen for shuttle announcements for locations and show times on day of visit. Programs are scheduled between 10:00am and 2:00pm Tuesdays - Fridays.
Winter Animal Adventures:
- Hibernation December 9th-12th - Ever wonder why some wild things snore all winter? Come learn more about groundhogs, bats and other animals that hibernate as the late autumn days grow shorter and colder!
- Arctic Animals December 16th-19th – Brrrr, it’s cold out here! Find out how polar bears, Arctic foxes and other animals survive in freezing Arctic weather!
- Winter Animals – January 3rd-5th – Learn how animals all over the world keep warm during the cold winter months.
- Maryland Wilderness – January 9th-12th and January 16th-19th –Join in activities designed to teach about the animal species living in our Maryland Wilderness exhibit!
- Farm yard – January 23rd-26th and January 30- February 2nd – partake in fun, educational activities featuring animal species you will observe in our farmyard exhibits!
- African Journey – February 6th-9th and February 13th -16th – Partake in activities designed to teach about the animal species living in our African Journey exhibits!
- Polar Bear Watch – February 20th-23rd and February 27- March 1st – Come join our activities designed to help you learn about the animal species you will observe in our arctic exhibits!