Bring the Maryland Zoo to your next community festival! Outreach staff and volunteers will share their expertise and excitement about the natural world with your community.
Our fun and educational programs feature 2-3 live animals, as well as interactive activities such as crafts, games, and touchable animal artifacts. Due to the educational nature of our programs, they are best-suited for events with a focus on learning.
How to request the Zoo’s visit to your community event
Start by downloading and completing the community event application, providing as much detailed information as possible. We will then review your application, and contact you regarding the details of your reservation. Please note: No reservations are final until your application has been approved, and you receive confirmation from The Maryland Zoo in Baltimore.
- Price: $220 for one hour, $440 for two hours
- Travel fees apply outside Baltimore City, and are based on your distance from the Zoo. Contact us for a quote.
- Payment is due in full two weeks prior to your program date, and is payable to The Maryland Zoo in Baltimore via check or credit card.
- If you need to change your program date or cancel your reservation, please let us know at least 10 days in advance. Cancellations made within 10 days of your program will not be refunded, and changes to scheduled date will result in a $50 change fee.
How to prepare for the Zoo’s visit to your community event
Because our community event presentations feature live animal demonstrations, we ask that you make certain preparations in anticipation of our visit. We aim to create a safe, fun learning environment for your guests, as well as a safe and suitable environment for our Animal Ambassadors. If the Zoo cancels a program due to customer violation of Zoo requirements, no refund will be issued.
- Our instructors must be provided with a parking space near the presentation area or entrance to facility.
- For outdoor events, the reservation of an alternate indoor location is recommended in case of inclement weather. If no indoor facility is provided, it is the right of The Maryland Zoo in Baltimore to cancel the presentation based on weather conditions.
- According to Maryland State Law, food may not be served or eaten in same area as the animal presentation.
- Due to strict quarantine policies, no other animals may be present in the presentation area (with the exception of resident wildlife such as squirrels or birds in the case of outdoor presentations).
- Guests are urged to wash hands before and after their visit. If animals are touched during their visit, hand washing (with soap and water) immediately following the visit is required. Not every situation is appropriate for touching. Animal contact will take place at the Outreach instructor’s discretion.
- We are unable to guarantee requests for specific animals at any time.
- Since the safety of our audience is a primary concern, we cannot allow audience members to feed or hold any of our Animal Ambassadors.
- While we are eager to provide up-close personal encounters with our Animal Ambassadors, not every animal is safe to touch. For the health and safety of your audience as well as our animals, we also cannot permit touching when the audience is large.