For guests planning to visit the Zoo on Saturday, April 26th:
Please be aware that there are several MAJOR events happening in Druid Hill Park on Saturday, April 26, 2014. Events include Ecofest and the Charm City Folk & Bluegrass Festival. Many entrances to the park will be limited to vehicle traffic, however, the Greenspring Avenue entrance will remain open to Zoo guests. We recommend using this entrance. Please also allow additional time to your travel as we expect both the park and Greenspring Zoo entrance to be congested.
Parking (Zoo vouchers):
The other events in the park will be charging for parking. In order to ensure the Zoo’s parking lot has spaces available for Zoo guests, on this Saturday only, Zoo visitors will be asked to pay $10 for parking (cash preferred) in the Zoo’s parking lot. Guests will then be issued $10 Zoo vouchers for use toward admission costs at the front gate. Zoo members and pre-purchase ticket holders can simply show their membership card or tickets to gain access to the parking lot without paying.
Zoo guests should enter via Greenspring Avenue to access the Zoo parking lot.
Route A (suggested):
- Take I-83 to Exit 9 B – Coldspring Lane West
- Follow Coldspring Lane approximately 0.6 miles to the traffic light at Greenspring Avenue
- Turn LEFT onto Greenspring Avenue.
- Follow Greenspring Avenue approximately 1.3 miles
- Go straight at the corner of Greenspring Avenue and Druid Park Lake Drive to enter Druid Hill Park .
- Follow the road and turn left at the 4th road (the Old Reptile House will be on your right)
- The Zoo parking lot will be on your right.
Route B (likely to be heavily congested):
- Take I-83 to Exit 7 (West)- Druid Park Lake Drive
- Follow Druid Park Lake Drive approximately 1.3 miles
- Turn RIGHT onto Greenspring Avenue
- Follow Greenspring Avenue for approximatly 0.3 miles
- Take a SHARP RIGHT onto Beachwood
- Zoo parking lot will be on your right
Thank you for your patience as we do not control events taking place in the Park.